- Ensure all players are registered online – individuals are not covered under insurance unless they are registered for the related season.
- Players can register online prior to the season commencing by clicking HERE
- Ensure any injuries are reported to your Venue Organiser immediately on the night.
- Remember that the grounds can be slippery when wet, and rough in drier conditions. Therefore, all players need to ensure they complete the above steps and are appropriately covered by personal medical insurance.
- Pregnant persons are advised not to play given the possibility to suffer personal harm during their pregnancy due to the physical nature of the Touch Football. Pregnant persons if they decide to participate do so at their own risk and will not be indemnified by this organisation or its insurers for any injury or loss suffered whilst playing while pregnant.
Player Injury Insurance Cover
As a registered member of an Association or Club that is affiliated with Touch Football Australia, you are provided with insurance over which applies while you are involved in activities that are associated with Touch Football.
Claims for Sportscover will be accepted only if the following requirements have been fulfilled:
- The injured player has registered online.
- The game referee has been advised of the injury and noted on the score card.
- The Venue Organiser has been notified.
What Cover is provided?
Non-Medicare medical expenses. The most common “Non-Medicare” expenses include:
- Private Hospital Bed and Theatre Fees
- Orthotics & splints
The policy is for reimbursement only and has an excess of $200 per claim. Then the benefits reimburse up to 80% of non-Medicare medical costs up to $3000 per injury.
How Do I Make A Claim?
1. Report the injury to your Venue Organiser.
2. Contact Sportscover, within 30 days of your accident or injury occurring, and submit a Claim Form Request to receive your claim documentation
Phone: 1300 134 956
Note: Touch is a fast-moving and energetic sport. Players participate at their own risk and competition management accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained.